Literary week – 4th August- 10th August 2016
12 August, 2016
Venue: RBK Global School
The English Literary week was conducted at R.B.K Global School . The aim was to infuse the learners with appreciation, understanding and love for the English language. Grade 4-9 participated with great enthusiasm and zeal in the myriad activities.
The learners were delighted to observe literary week as part of their ongoing curriculum. They were not only exposed to a number of interesting literary facts but also given an opportunity to explore the literary world.
A glimpse of the literary week Itinerary
- The Literary week took off with poetry recitation competition .The learners were instructed to recite poems by Walt Whitman, Robert Frost, T.S.Eliot, Henry W. Longfellow, Ruskin Bond, William Wordsworth and Rabindranath Tagore.
- This was followed by the Just a Minute competition and Declamation competition. Learners had to speak for a maximum time of one minute on any 1 of the following topics:
- Impact of media on youth.
- If you were an animal just for 24 hours which animal you would ke to be.
- Saving Mother Earth- your responsibility.
- Does advertisement influence our food choices?
- If I had 3 wishes they would be……..
- Adventurous sports are dangerously exciting.
Displays of the literary week
There were numerous displays from the literary world. There were interesting book reviews, amazing facts on the English language, biographies of poets and authors of different countries, poems composed by learners and many more.
The Literary week surely provided a great platform for the learners to explore and expound the literary world. Moreover, it also enhanced their reading, writing, speaking and listening skills in English.