ECCE Significance of Course
The need and importance for Early Childhood Care and Education course (ECCE) was recognised by the National Policy of Education (1986 revised in 1992). It is realized that Early Childhood Care and Education is a strong base for pre-primary Education. It is also an important input in the strategies of human resource development, as a feeder and support program for the students.
DIPLOMA Programme in Early Childhood Care and Education is a unique holistic programme that aims at helping the learner develop the knowledge, attitudes and skills necessary for working with young children up to six years of age and even equip the ECCE practitioners to become efficient entrepreneurs.
OBJECTIVES of ECCE Programme
Early Childhood Care and Education is an enrichment course for, working and non – working women. These days the demand for pre-school education has increased tremendously. Hence, Early Childhood educators are expected to be holding a significant role in helping children grow with full potential and support in smooth transition between different stages of learning, growth and development.
Through ECCE Intense and extensive curriculum, we prepare our practitioners with an objective to:
- Develop an understanding about the needs and rights of children with emphasis on the socio-cultural context of early years
- Understand the importance of various stages and developmental aspects of children from birth to six years of age
- Be able to identify common childhood illness, take care of the sick and apply preventive measures
- Appreciatethe healthy and nutritional needs of young children and become capable of evaluating a diet with respect to the need of adequate diet
- Become promising and efficient teachers, Centre Heads, educationists or entrepreneurs
- 100% Job placement assistance
- Free internal Bus Facility
- The course is designed with a focus on training with Hands-on-Experience and Practical Exposures of participants in different ECCE setting
- Expert Faculty Members from the field of education
- Opportunity to experience teaching set ups before placement
- Intensive practical training in our own well established schools
- Complimentary Workshops to enhance the skills and personality of an individual and bring out HOLISTIC development
PART A- THEORY
- Paper – I Understanding Principles and Practices of ECCE
- Paper - II Child Health Care and Nutrition
- Paper – III Child Psychology and Development
- Paper – IV Innovative Methods of Education
- Paper - V Organisational Management
PART B- PRACTICALS
- Practice Teaching Lessons
- Skills Presentation
- Field visits
- Case studies
- Teaching aids
- International Teaching Methods
- Importance of Play
- Curriculum Planning
- Co-Curriculum Planning
- Reports writings
- Submissions and Assignments
PART – C WORKSHOPS
Practitioners will enhance their skills and personality by attending workshops held by expert s from various fields of specialization on topics like Multiple Intelligences, Art and Creativity, Phonetics, Ms. Office in order to acquaint with the need of present generation and required competencies of teachers; and to equip them to face consistent changes in the field of education.
PART- D INTERNSHIP
Trainees will receive intense training and practical knowledge in all areas of classroom management by observing and interacting with teachers and children during their internship period throughout the course.
'DIPLOMA in EARLY CHILDHOOD CARE AND EDUCATION’ programme is a 12 months course. This course commences from June to April (Monday to Friday, every week).
- Anyone with a 10+2 level qualification, undergraduate and graduate degree holder is welcome to enrol
- Basic English speaking is a pre requisite
- Age: NO Bar
Certificate for 'DIPLOMA in EARLY CHILDHOOD CARE AND EDUCATION' will be awarded to the candidate only after successfully qualifying All the Components of the programme.